- How to enter the Camberwell Art Show
- Enter the Art Show
- Important Dates
- Applicable Fees
- Terms and Conditions
- Useful information for artists
|Opening date for submissions:||Monday 12th April 2021|
|Closing date for initial submissions:||Monday 31st May 2021|
|Please note that this Closing Date will NOT be extended.|
|Artists notified of Selected Artworks:||Wednesday 16th June 2021|
|Cut Off Date for Payment of Exhibition Fee:||Tuesday 29th June 2021|
|Delivery of Artworks:||10am to 9pm – Tuesday, 6th July
To: Advanced Technologies Building,
427 Burwood Road, Hawthorn.
|Gala Opening & Major Award Night:||Friday, 9th July – 6:00pm to 10.30pm|
|Open to the Public:||Saturday, 10th July to Sunday 18th July
Weekends: 10am to 6pm
Week Days: 10am to 9pm
|Collection of Works:||Sunday, 18th July – 6pm to 9.30pm
Monday, 19th July – 8am to 1pm
|(Non-refundable) Application Fee:||$10 per painting|
|Selected Painting Exhibition Fee:||1) $20 for each selected work that does not exceed 1 metre on any one side of the painting [including framing, if any]|
|2) $30 for each selected work with a measurement between 1 and 1.4 metres on one side|
|3) $50 for each selected work greater than 1.4 metres on any one side and it will be hung at the discretion of the Rotary Club of Camberwell.|
|Percentage Commission levied on Sales||30%|
|Best in Show||$20,000||[Acquisitive]|
|Best Non-Traditional work||$3,000|
|Best Traditional work||$3,000|
|Best Non-Traditional work under $1.5K||$1,000|
|Best Traditional work under $1.5K||$1,000|
|Best Work on Paper||$3,000|
|Best Oil < $1500||$1,000|
|Best Work on Paper < $1500||$1,000|
|Best Drawing Award||Art materials to the value $2,500|
|Best Wildlife Award||$1,000|
|Judges’ Special Award||$500|
|Judges’ Special Award||$500|
|Judges’ Special Award||$500|
|City of Boroondara Award||An exhibition at the Hawthorn Arts Centre for Boroondara Artists|
Terms & Conditions
Please Note: If due to Government Covid 19 restrictions change, the Art Show Committee reserves the right to change to an Online Art Show. If this is the case, artists will be informed of any differences in Terms & Conditions.
In submitting an Entry, the Artist contracts with the Rotary Club of Camberwell Inc. [hereinafter referred to as ‘the Club’] and acknowledge acceptance of the following conditions of entry:
Conditions of Entry and Sale 2021 Camberwell Art Show
- Entry Terms and Conditions:
- All entries must be “Artwork” defined as NEW ORIGINAL PAINTING OF THE EXHIBITOR. Original work excludes reproductions, or any works worked on by a tutor. If a person other than the Artist makes an entry on behalf of the Artist, a written authority signed by the Artist authorising that person must be emailed to: email@example.com.
- All entries must be made through the on-line entry system on the Camberwell Art Show webpage [www.camberwellrotaryartshow.org.au]. For assistance in entering please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ [FAQ] or contact the administrator on 0431 286 483. Assistance in entering artists’ details and images including scanning is available.
- The artist shall not:Submit an Artwork, if the sale of the Artwork is a resale within the meaning of the Resale Royalty Right for Visual Artists 2009;Submit an Artwork if, the sale of the artwork is buying, selling, exchanging or otherwise dealing in second-hand goods within the meaning of the Second-hand Pawnbrokers Act 1989;Lodge any registration under the Personal Property Securities Act 2009; orSubmit an Artwork that is in anyway charged or encumbered to a third party.
- All Artwork submitted will be for sale, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Club.
- The Artist will fix the sale price on the entry form.
- All entries are submitted at the total risk of the Artist. The Artist indemnifies the Club against any claim, loss or damage of whatsoever nature or cause how so ever occurring and whether directly or indirectly relating to entered works, its display or its delivery.
- The Payment of all application fees is a condition precedent for each Artwork submitted and are not refunded; Guest Artists are exempt. Selected Entry fees are not refundable under any circumstances even if the Artwork[s] are not received by the Club.
- The Artist appoints the Club as his or her agent for the purposes associated with exhibition and authorises its sale and grants a licence to the Club to reproduce any Artwork submitted for the purpose of publicity, promoting the exhibition, education, preparing a catalogue, including artworks in an on-line catalogue/social media promotion.
- At the close of the art show there is an opportunity for all unsold artworks to be exhibited for 4 further weeks at the Camberwell Online Gallery. See 13.6 for details.
- Restrictions on Artworks Being Entered:
- Number of Artworks: The Artist shall be entitled to submit for assessment a maximum of six  Artworks and warrants that all entries submitted are his or her original uncopied work.
- Size of Artwork: Submitted Artwork for entry into the competition that DOES NOT exceed 1 metre on any one side of the painting [including framing, if any] will incur an entry fee of $20. Artwork with a measurement between 1 and 1.4 metres on one side, will incur a fee of $30/Artwork and any Artwork greater than 1.4 metres on any one side will incur an entry fee of $50 and may or not be hung at the discretion of the Club.For your information the average price of sold artwork at Camberwell Art Show in 2019 was in the range of $1200 – $1500
- Framing and Wire: All Artwork to be framed. Stretchered canvas is considered framed but must have rigid and adequate cross members. Each Artwork must be fitted with substantial hanging wire [NOT CORD] and ‘flush D hangers.’ [Hangers which protrude, e.g. ‘eye hooks’ and which can damage other works when stored are not acceptable]. The apex of the hanging wire should be approximately 75mm. below the top of the frame. Artworks not meeting these criteria will NOT be hung and any fees will NOT be refunded.
- Non Acceptable Works: Artworks of a 3D nature, beaten metal, painted porcelain, ceramic, photographs, digitally enhanced artwork, computer generated works, ‘worked’ prints, prints including linocuts, monoprints, stencils, etchings, pokerwork, pyrography, textile art works, bark arrangements, plaster relief Artwork, unprotected tempera or wet artworks or Artworks of a like nature of the above [as determined by the Club in its absolute discretion], are not acceptable.
The committee will NOT accept an example of the above described Artwork if it is delivered to the exhibition.
- Multi panel pieces are accepted as one Artwork but overall must not exceed the size limits as a whole.
- Guest Artists: Artworks submitted by a guest artist will not be eligible for competition. Such Artworks will be for exhibition and sale only.
- Additional Works: Individual artists may at the discretion of the Club be invited to supply more than the maximum number of artworks. Such Artworks will be for exhibition and sale only.
- All artists are recommended to go to the “Advice for Artists” tab to read helpful hints on photographing your entries & presenting your artworks for exhibition and sale.
- Submission Process:
- The submission and entry procedure will follow these stages:
- Initial submission of up to six  Artworks, on line, with a fee of $10 per Artwork. This fee must be paid by credit card and is not refundable.
- An entrant must apply online. All images must be a high-resolution jpeg file and be of the Artwork in its entirety. If there is a significant or noticeable difference between the initial image and the actual Artwork, the Club reserves the right to reject the acceptance of the Artwork. On such a rejection any fees paid will not be refunded.
- After the closing date all submissions will be reviewed and assessed by the Selection Panel.
- Artists whose Artwork is selected for exhibition will be notified and invited to exhibit at the 2020 Show, and you hereby authorise your credit card to be automatically debited the appropriate exhibition fee amount of either, $20, $30 or $50, depending on the painting size for each selected work, to confirm the invitation.
- All submissions will only be accepted via the on-line entry facility of the Art Show’s Web Site.
- All applicants must have an email address as all correspondence will be by email.
- All entries must be received on or before the closing date for applications specified in the ‘Exhibition Summary.’ The initial submission facility of the Art Show website will be unavailable after this date.
- All images must be a high-resolution jpeg file and be of the work in its entirety. If there is a significant or noticeable difference between the initial image and the actual Artwork, the Club reserves the right to reject the acceptance of the Artwork. On such a rejection any fees paid will not be refunded.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All selected Artwork must be made available for sale and must be made available for delivery and display at The Show during the entire period of the exhibition.
- An Artist must provide bank account details to enable payment to be made to the Artist for any Artwork sold during the Show.
- Artists must notify the Club if any selected Artwork is no longer available for sale at the Show or his/her intention to withdraw from entry any work with no refund of fees paid. Selected Artwork so withdrawn may be substituted with the permission of ‘The Selection Panel.’
- An Artist may be required to provide additional information in connection with an application or Artwork submitted. Failure to provide the additional information may result in rejection of the application or the Artwork.
- For further information or assistance in submitting artworks:
Browse www.camberwellartshow.org.au or
- Subsequently the Artist will be contacted by a nominated person who can assist the Artist in submitting their entries.
- The Selection and Judging Panel
How it works:
- Every year an experienced Selection Panel will initially review and assess all applications received, and will decide which works will be invited to exhibit at the Camberwell Art Show.
- Every year a Judging Panel of three qualified persons will be appointed from outside the Club.
- The Judging Panel will choose the winner of the Best of Show and all Awards to be given for the year, and the recipients of special commendation awards in all or any of the categories of entries from the works that are received at the Art Show for hanging.
- Amongst other things, works will be selected on the basis of:
Compliance with the entry criteria and other requirements;
The quality of the work/s submitted;
- Artists will be notified which of their Artworks have been accepted to be exhibited by email at least two  weeks prior to the opening of the Show.
- All decisions on acceptances will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Club reserves the absolute right to exhibit such Artworks as the Judging Panel may select to be on view during the Show. The Club reserves the right, at any stage of the Show, to hang or withdraw any Artwork whether or not selected for display at the opening of the sale/exhibition.
- The Rotary Club of Camberwell has a number of awards each year. All artworks entered shall be judged for the category of award that the club determines, in its discretion, the artwork satisfies. The club’s and judges’ decisions shall be final, and no correspondence will be entered into with the respect to any award.
- Winners of an award will not be eligible for consideration of additional awards in 2020.
- Awards will include GST where applicable. Non-cash awards are GST inclusive values.
- The Club reserves the right not to make an award in any category, if in the opinion of the Judging Panel, works submitted do not satisfy the relevant standard and all awards are conferred by the Club in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Commission and GST:
- The Club is authorised to offer any entry for sale to the public at the price [inclusive of GST, if any] endorsed on the electronic entry form and in the event of the sale being affected, to retain thirty per-centum [30%] of such price as a selling commission. The commission includes GST.
- GST has been included in all fees and charges. Artists must complete the GST Section by selecting one of the five  categories and provide relevant information.
- Artists are liable for all or any GST on entry and competition fees; charges for handling or return of Artwork and on Artwork sales [where applicable].
- Awards of cash prizes are deemed inclusive of any requisite GST amount.
- The Club reserves the right to reject an entry where insufficient GST information is given.
- The Club, its members, volunteers or agents will exercise all reasonable care in handling the works submitted, but will not be responsible for and you shall indemnify the Club for any loss or any damage to any works while in the custody of the Club, its members, volunteers or the Club’s agents.
- Artists are responsible for insuring their Artwork against loss or damage whether in custody of the Club or in transit.
- Delivery and Receipt:
- Selected Artwork must be received at the Swinburne University, Advanced Technologies Building, 427 Burwood Road, Hawthorn, between 10am and 9pm on Tuesday, 6th July 2021.
- Artworks will not be accepted or considered if received after the 6th July 2021, nor will any fees be refunded.
- Country, Interstate & Overseas Entries:
- Entries must be delivered free of all charges etc. and free of all packaging except for a minimum of bubble wrap.
- No payments whatsoever will be made by the Club for freight or other charges incurred in delivery or return of entries. Separate arrangements apply to Courier deliveries. Entries which breach this condition will be rejected.
- Payments to Artists:
- If the Artist has provided accurate bank details, the Club will pay by EFT to the Artist the sale proceeds less commission [inclusive of GST] within ten  business days of the close of the art show [i.e. by the close of business 30th July, 2021].
- These Terms and Conditions cannot be varied unless agreed in writing by the Club. The Club reserves the right to vary the dates either generally or for any particular Artwork.
- Delivery instructions:
- You are to print out the delivery docket and artwork labels which were sent via the Successful Artists notification email. If they’re not attached to the Successful Artists email notification, please log in to your personal gallery and print them. You need one delivery docket which covers all artwork, and one label per artwork.
- Cut out each label and attach it securely to the back of your artwork in the centre at the top.
- Delivery of artwork for both couriers and artists in 2021 is restricted to one day TUESDAY 6th JULY between 10am and 9.30 pm. Bring your artworks together with the delivery docket, to ATC Building, Swinburne University, 427 Burwood Road, Hawthorn.
- The delivery docket is vital because it will be signed and be your proof of delivery. Do not lose it. You will need it to pick up unsold artworks. The delivery docket also allows you free entry on Artists’ Day, Monday 12th July.
- If you need to make any changes to your artwork’s title, description, size or price, please log on and do so, then reprint both the delivery docket and the label of the artwork on which you have made the change.
- Receiving Artwork Must be Unpacked. We have a tight schedule to set up and conduct the Camberwell Art Show. Delivery day on Tuesday 6th July is exceptionally busy as we receive and commence display of 1300 artworks on that day. Accordingly we do not have the resources or time to unpack artwork on delivery nor repack for pickup at the end of the show. Either you or your courier is fully responsible to present your works at our receiving desks without packaging and ready to be hung.
- If artworks are delivered by courier they should make an appointment within the above times. Courier costs must be pre-paid by the artist. Also, we won’t accept artworks that we need to unpack.
- Collection instructions:
- Bring your delivery docket with you.
- Unsold artworks can be collected from ATC Building, Swinburne University, 427 Burwood Road, Hawthorn between 6pm and 9.30pm on Sunday 18th July, and from 8.00am to 1.00pm on Monday 19th July 2021.
- We do not pack artworks. If artworks are collected by courier they must pack them.
- An additional late handling fee of $50.00 per Artwork will be incurred if not collected by 12pm on Monday, 19th July 2021.
- If an Artist fails to collect his or her unsold Artwork[s] at the designated time, they will be stored for a period of 14 days at the cost of the artist, after that the Club may sell, in any manner the Club determines, the Artwork[s] if they have not been collected and you agree to pay to the Club all its costs and expenses incurred as result of your failure to collect the painting.
- After collection from the art show all unsold artworks from this show will be displayed for a further 4 weeks at the CAS Online Gallery at no cost to the exhibiting artist. On collection of unsold artwork, the artist must inform CAS if they do NOT wish to have their artwork displayed online. As the artist will be responsible for delivering any sold artwork to the purchaser, the commission will decrease to 25% for this 4 week period to compensate for any delivery costs negotiated between the artist and the buyer.
- Art Couriers:
- We do not recommend individual courier companies and suggest you do your homework and search for one which suits your circumstances.
- As an indicator, some available couriers are:
Courier Contact Telephone Artwork Transport
(South Australia*, ACT* and Melbourne)
*Door to Door – no depot
Neale Robinson Neale
0488 630 26503 9329 7580
firstname.lastname@example.org Artwork Transport
0439 856 115Jamie
0417 412 437 029695 1471
email@example.com Artwork Transport
Scott Hunter 0409 205 330
07 3899 5643
firstname.lastname@example.org Geelong Art Couriers Claire Watson 03 5248 6493 Noble Couriers Do 0418 175 307 email@example.com John Stewart John 0412 564 233 firstname.lastname@example.org
- General freight carriers
We neither accept artworks delivered by general freight carriers requiring unpacking nor provide return freight packing. If you want to use a general freight carrier we suggest that the services of companies such as “Pack & Send” be used. The nearest branch is at Shop 1&2 159 Burwood Road, Hawthorn VIC 3122, Phone: 03 9813 4522.
Art Show Committee,
Rotary Club of Camberwell Inc.