Vivi was born in Melbourne in 1963 and her love for drawing and painting began at an early age.
She studied science at Monash University and worked in a medical laboratory as a Microbiologist for many years. But it was her proximity to the sea, and the natural beauty of the bayside area, that inspired Vivi to reconsider her primary passion and that was to paint.
For the last twenty years she has focused on her painting, branching out into teaching and mentoring her own classes, both locally and overseas with enplein air workshops.
Vivi enjoys painting a variety of subject matter. In particular, she seeks to capture and transfer to the viewer, the serenity and calm found in nature as a contrast to the busy and frenetic pace of everyday life. She also sets time aside weekly to experiment with different media so as to fully push her creative boundaries and grow as an artist.
She has been a member at Brighton, Beaumaris and Mentone-Mordialloc Art Groups for many years and teaches acrylic at Mentone Mordialloc Art Group, oil at Brighton Art Society and watercolour privately at a beach side studio in Beaumaris.
In 2006, Vivi was accepted as a full member of the Australian Guild of Realist Artists, AGRA, where she was also involved as a councillor with a keen interest in arranging forums to inspire current and budding artists. In 2018 she was awarded a Guild Fellowship from AGRA in recognition of a consistently high standard of work. Vivi is also a member of the Australian Watercolour Society, the Victorian Artists Society and the Melbourne Society Of Women Painters and Sculptors, (MSWPS).
Her work can be seen at Without Pier Gallery in Cheltenham, Town and Country Gallery in Yarragon, Victoria and Eagles Nest Gallery in Aireys Inlet.
She has received many awards and can be followed through her Facebook, Instagram and website pages.
* 2019 Highly commended, Australian Guild of Realist Artists.
* 2018, awarded Guild Fellowship from Australian Guild of Realist Artists.
* 2018 Best painting by a Bayside Artist, Rotary Club of Brighton.
* 2017 Highly commended, Melbourne Society of Womens’ Painters and Sculptors
* 2017 1st runner up, Agra summer show
* 2017 Highly commended Sorrento Art Show
* 2016 Finalist in Artist of the Year award by Victorian Art Society.
* 2016 Best painting by a Bayside Artist, Rotary club of Brighton.
* 2015 Finalist in Artist of the year award by Victorian Art Society.
* 2015 Best painting by a Bayside Artist, Rotary Club of Brighton.
* 2015 Highly commended Melbourne Society of Women Painters and
Sculptors annual show.
* 2015 Highly commended for Victorian Artist Society Autumn exhibition.
* 2013 Finalist in Artist of the Year award by Victorian Artists Society.
* 2013 Finalist in Mortimore Art Prize.
* 2013 Best painting to the value of $750 by the Bayside Art Show
* 2012 Best painting by Bayside artist, the Bayside Art Show
* 2010 Viewers’ Choice Award, Port Fairy Art Show.
2010 Solo at Beaumaris Art Group.
2010 Melbourne Watercolour Show, group show, Without Pier Gallery.
2010 Our Melbourne My Victoria, group show, Without Pier Gallery.
2011 Melbourne Watercolour Show, group show, Without Pier Gallery.
2011 Kaleidoscope/Habitat, joint exhibition with Christine Wrest-Smith,
Without Pier Gallery.
2011 Group Show at Bungendore Fine Art Gallery, New South Wales.
2012 Feature Artist at Eagles Nest Gallery, Aireys Inlet.
2012 Melbourne Watercolour Show, Without Pier Gallery.
2012 Vivid Waters, joint exhibition with Judy Waters, Blue Dog Gallery,
2012 Shed Art – The Flotsam and Jetsam Series. Group show at Sandy
2012 Group show with Granary Lane Artists, Mentone.
2013 Brialyn Boathouse Gallery, feature artist.
2013 Without Pier Gallery, Mansfield Easter Group Show.
2013 Without Pier Gallery, Central Highlands Kyneton Show.
2014 Without Pier Gallery, joint exhibition with Sarah Paxton and Marian
2015 Without Pier Gallery, Mansfield Easter Group Show.
2015 Without Pier Gallery, 20th Anniversary Group Show.
2016 Without Pier Gallery, Coolart Group Show at Somers.
2016 Without Pier Gallery, joint exhibition with Sarah Paxton, Marian Blank
and Olga Finkel.
2017 Without Pier Gallery, Coolart Group Show at Somers.
2017 Without Pier Gallery, French exhibition with Craig Penny and Betina
2018. Without Pier Gallery group exhibition with Karen Hopkins and Marian Blank
2019. Without Pier Gallery winter show with Tony Sowerby and Catherine Hamilton
Showing all 7 artworks