My love of the Australian Bush and it’s Wildlife and importance the of protecting our beautiful and fragile environment are part of what continues to inspire me to paint. I find great comfort in the process of creating an artwork, not only in the painting process but the journey of discovery that it takes me on beforehand.
My artworks can include airbrushing, pastel or acrylic paint, or a combination of these is used. In each painting the animal or bird usually begins with layers of watercolour then more detailed work follows in pencil and finally gauche. Sometimes texture is exciting to use in the artworks. Texture can highlight the beauty of a rock, bark, moss or even the earth. When painting using oil paint, oil is all I use. Sometimes, however, it is great to add texture as well.
Awards and Publications
Elizabeth has received many honours over the years including:
* Finalist in the Holmes Art Prize for Realistic Bird Art 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
* Mornington Art Exhibition 2012 – Best Exhibit – “Australian Lace Monitor”
* Grampians Wildlife Arts Society Inc. – Best in Show- “Australian Lace Monitor
* Finalist in the Waterhouse Natural History Art Prize “Australian Lace Monitor”
* Wildlife Art Society of Australasia Inc. 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002,2001, 1999, 1996
Publications include the Australian Geographic Calendar, children’s’ books and art publications.
Showing the single artwork